Popular Posts

Monday, February 25, 2008

Shelf of Little Treasures

My husband is a dumpster diver (so embarrassing). Well, he doesn't really dumpster dive. But only because we don't have dumpsters. Let's just say he is a "junk connoisseur." Let me give you a few examples:

-Once he saw a pair of shorts in the road. He stopped. He picked them up. They were Nike brand. His size. They are in his drawer. He wears them.

-One day, I was having a yard sale. My husband drove up with a table on the back of his truck. He had picked it up off the side of the road. He put a for sale sign on it. I laughed at him and told him how ridiculous he was (as I was sorting through all my cute little sale items). He sold the table for $50. That was more than I made all day.

-The rug at my front door came from the people up the street. From their trash pile. Glad they don't visit.

-All of my garden "art" is from my husband. Old golf hole markers and other things I'm not certain of.

-The old metal swing. The sign said Free. It was. He took it. I painted it pink. Then it broke. And we couldn't take it back.



-This Thing:
Don't know what it is.
Don't know where he found it.
It is heavy.


-My shelf of little treasures:

When he finds these little goodies, he comes home, treasure in hand...
"Look what I found".
And with a wideeyed grin, he hands it over to me, keeper of the things.
And he is so happy and so proud and so excited to give me the new gift.
And I keep all the treasures on this shelf.

Except the best treasure of all....

him.

4 comments:

JaK Random Art said...

He finds some fun stuff. You are a lucky lady!

theVintageZoo said...

cute cute post. your husband sounds like my husband. i thought he was weird at first, but i have embraced his weirdness, and i think his weirdness is rubbing off on me!! ha!

Colorfuldayz said...

This is a great post! It put one of the first smiles of the day on my face. Good job on selling the free table for $50~

Tizzalicious said...

Haha, the pants thing is pretty bad!

Clicky Web Analytics
If you've never seen these Jeff Dunham videos, you have to watch them! So funny, although, oops, not always politically correct! But I make no apologies. I think he is hilarious!