Popular Posts

Monday, February 11, 2008

If you give a mouse a cookie...

If you give a mouse a cookie, it will lead to him asking for a glass of milk; if you give him a glass of milk, it will lead to him asking for a napkin; if you give him a napkin...

So goes it with me. I bought a new sewing machine. Which somehow led to my painting the bathroom and bedroom. I've been trying to figure out how one led to the other and I think it happened like this: My fabric is stored in a chest in the bedroom (easily accessible from the diningroom/sewingroom). So since I had a new machine, I really wanted to organize my fabrics. But I wanted them to be organized in a nice, pretty room so I decided to paint the bedroom. And since the bathroom is off the bedroom, it had to be painted too. So I first painted the bath and have almost finished the bedroom. But I still don't have the fabric organized. And I haven't much used my new machine. What is WRONG with me?? Geez... why couldn't I just be satisfied with organizing the friggin' fabric?? My brain do go into overload sometimes!

But I did play with some fabrics along the way...



These are the new fabriframes I made for the bedroom wall. The picture didn't turn out too well, but they look really nice!

So, can you relate to this? In the process of doing all this painting, I moved all the stuff not being used into the diningroom. So now my diningroom looks like a bomb went off in there. And I'm thinking, okay, I've got to get this mess cleaned up... hmmm... while I'm at it, a fresh coat of paint wouldn't hurt! But no, no, I can't be doing any more painting right now... I've got to get to sewing. We have a craft show coming up in April and I am so not ready! And my Etsy shop is bare! So for now, no more painting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog! I've got to ask, what brand is the machine you retired????

kathijane said...

soandsew... the old machine is a Stitchmaster (40's or 50's maybe?)... going from that thing to the new machine was like going from a horse and buggy to a Lexus!!! Thanks for visiting!

Kathi D said...

I KNOW!!!!! How in the HECK does that happen?? I remember, years ago, being at my sister's house when we would find out our mom and dad were coming for a visit. Even though what really needed to be done was put away toys and laundry, and maybe vacuum, what really happened is that we would paint a bedroom and upholster a headboard (we really did exactly that once).

jenn2136 said...

I just bought the same ol' beast that you recently laid to rest. Except mine is a shiny black. I have never sewn with a side mounted machine before and it's giving me tons of trouble. Any tips?

Clicky Web Analytics
If you've never seen these Jeff Dunham videos, you have to watch them! So funny, although, oops, not always politically correct! But I make no apologies. I think he is hilarious!