Popular Posts

Monday, February 25, 2008

A New Trick I Learned

Okay, so you came here looking for something about sewing, or something about Etsy, or pretty pictures, pretty words... instead, you get a picture of my gross, dirty, filthy, nasty oven... but hey, stick around and I'll let you in on something I learned.

Here's what happened. Three days ago when I was on that cleaning spree, remember? Well, I sprayed the oven with oven cleaner intending to give it the regular 5-year cleaning treatment. But I got sidetracked (yes unusual for me huh?), and never got the oven cleaner wiped out. And since that time, three days ago, everytime someone asks,
"What's for breakfast?"
"What's for lunch?"
"What's for dinner?"
I answer, "Well, I can't cook right now because there is oven cleaner in the oven."
Let me say it again. This has been going on for three days.
We had Chinese one night. We had Mexican one night. My husband cooked on the grill one night.
Hmmm... how long do you think I can leave that oven cleaner in there?

Anyway, I kept thinking someone was going to ask just how long it takes this oven cleaner to do its thing, but no. No one has asked. And I finally figured out why.

Because no one is hearing my answer. I may as well be Charlie Brown's teacher standing there saying "WaWaaaaWaWa", because they don't care about ovens, much less oven cleaner. All they really want to know is "What's for dinner?"

So the trick I learned is this. If you don't want to cook, just say there's an alien in your oven and you can't open the door because it might get out. Nobody will mind. They'll just say, "Okay, so what's for dinner?"

2 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Great idea :P

I always get side tracked when I sprayed cleaner on something too, so all I need to do is get distracted a liiiittle longer!

kkill said...

I only have an oven because it came with the house!

Clicky Web Analytics
If you've never seen these Jeff Dunham videos, you have to watch them! So funny, although, oops, not always politically correct! But I make no apologies. I think he is hilarious!