Popular Posts

Friday, March 7, 2008

Sticky Notes from Above

I want to share this little miracle that happened to me today. My sister (Grubs) featured one of my market bag sets in her shopping bag treasury. As I was working in my shop this morning I went over to view Sis's treasury and noticed a couple of the featured bags had sold (not mine, mind you). I started wondering, why are my bags not selling? Are they not appealing? What am I doing wrong? Are my bags overpriced? Hmmm... then I started recombobulating the price... how much for supplies... how much for my time... then, I clicked back to my shop... and wham, my market bag set was GONE.SOLD.GONE. It had sold as I was sitting there contemplating a price change.

Strange coincidence? I don't think so.

This week I have been very unfocused. I have gotten little accomplished. I have spent way too much time in self-doubt. Doubting my sewing capabilities, doubting my creative abilities, questioning whether my Etsy business is what I am supposed to be doing. Wondering if the time and dedication is worth it. Okay, so have I prayed about any of this? No. Have I asked God for guidance? No. But He knew. And He knew I needed a bop on the head. So he gave it to me through that sale.

He was reminding me of some things. If He would have left those reminders in the form of sticky notes on the frig, they would read:

"Don't forget I'm here."
"Stop it with the self-doubt. We have already settled those issues."
"Have faith."
"Talk to Me."
"It's okay if you don't."
"Now. Get back to work."

1 comment:

kkill said...

We all need a BOP on the head every once in a while. **BOP** Now, get back to work! Love you!

Clicky Web Analytics
If you've never seen these Jeff Dunham videos, you have to watch them! So funny, although, oops, not always politically correct! But I make no apologies. I think he is hilarious!